Insight are set to attend the second annual Universities & Healthcare Estates and Innovation event in Birmingham.
Chaired by Trevor Payne (Director of Estates – University of Birmingham and previously at Barts NHS), UHEI Birmingham focuses on some of the crucial issues facing the University and Healthcare sectors. With a cross sector approach at its heart, UHEI Birmingham hopes to demonstrate what the University and Healthcare sectors can learn from one another.
Attending the conference will be Rob Parker and Adrian Stern. Rob is our Property and Facilities Management Team Leader. He has extensive experience of working within the Healthcare sector. Adrian is a senior consultant working within Rob’s team. He heads up the Higher Education desk, with plenty of previous experience working in Healthcare.
We spoke to Adrian about what he hopes to gain from his time at UHEI Birmingham:
With the similarities between their estates portfolios, it is easy to see why Trevor Payne believes the Healthcare and Universities sectors can learn a lot from each other, whether that be in terms of technology or working practices.
From a recruitment perspective, it is important that we keep up to date with the work being carried out in these sectors, but also the way in which this work is being conducted. A lot of what is discussed at UHEI Birmingham will not be common knowledge to the recruitment market, and the more informed we are about our sectors, the better we can understand the challenges that candidates and clients face every day. On top of this, by understanding the changing intricacies of a role, it allows us to ensure we put forward the best candidate possible.
It also offers us a great opportunity to meet a wide array of clients face to face, and discuss the issues their sectors are facing, and how they would solve them. I opened our Higher Education desk this time last year, so I am always keen to spread the word about what Insight offer and the unique way in which we work.
If you are attending UHEI Birmingham 2017, Rob and Adrian look forward to seeing you there.
Latest posts by Alex Kassab (see all)
- 2019 in Review: Is This Communication at its Best? - December 20, 2019
- Insight Appoint Stephen Maxwell to Procurement & Commercial Management Team, as Private and Public Sector Healthcare Specialist - October 18, 2019
- Insight Expands its Procurement Division with the Addition of Our New Transport, Utilities and Local Government Specialist, Taj Singh. - August 16, 2019
- Insight Demonstrate Quality, Reliability and Value for Money with Place on New Non-Clinical Staffing Framework - July 31, 2019
- George Hutcherson Promoted to Senior Consultant After Excellent Year - July 18, 2019