Associate Director – Property
Role Purpose: To lead the Property team comprising of estates surveyors, planning and development team.
The Associate Director for Property is a key member of the leadership team and takes on a new role within our revised format.
We are looking for a person with an estates or planning background to lead this part of the team and reshape our offer to provide a wider range of services to clients. We know the property team are often the first point of contact for many clients and this role needs to develop this interface between clients and Concertus teams.
The current team comprises of approximately 20 staff.
1. Leader Role
- Lead the Property team and ensure it delivers an effective and professional service
- Support the Directors and link with other teams within Concertus and other subsidiary companies
- Develop relations across all parts of the business and seek opportunities outside the immediate professional area to link new business opportunities
2. Customer Service
- Deliver a high standard of customer service all existing and potential clients
- Provide an efficient and business like point of contact
- Ensure/contribute/lead on the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer
- Responsibility for client account management
3. Business Strategy
- Contribute to the Concertus Strategic Business plan
- Support all Associate Directors in securing new business opportunities including bid writing, undertaking presentations to clients/project stakeholders
- Develop and agree the Building Services Business Plan to meet the requirements of the Concertus Strategic Business Plan
- Responsibility to provide information to the Directors to support Business Governance including contributing to Board reports
4. Business Delivery
- Deliver business targets outlined in the Concertus Strategic Business Plan and Team Plan
- Manage relationships with a range of stakeholders including clients and suppliers
- Support the Directors on all aspects relating to Building Services
- Review the operational effectiveness of procedures to promote standardisation
- Review, update and refine production methods and information presentation for the building process
- Monitor project work to ensure the requirements of the client are fulfilled
- Maintain high standards of design, construction and contract management
- Ensure the development and competence of staff and manage their training needs
- Develop and implement effective standard practice documentation, working methods and precedent construction information.
- Contribute to the operation and development of the Business Management System to ensure the continuous improvement of quality assured services/products for clients
- Responsibility for the financial management of the Team
- Responsibility for bid writing/submissions
5. Communicate Effectively
- Create a positive and professional first impression of Concertus
- Deal with all contacts professionally
- Communicate with all staff efficiently
- Feedback from team members/manager(s)
- Contribution to service
- Team performance
- Service improvements suggested
- Customer feedback
- Accuracy and timeliness of support.
- Efficiency of systems and processes.
- Service delivered within budget and to agreed targets
- Feedback from staff and managers
- Service delivery performance indicators
- Customer feedback
- Directors feedback
- You will be an experienced professional with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Building Services Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or other relevant professional body
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Commercially astute and business focused
- Team worker – You work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers
- Service deliverer – You focus on delivering a service that provides great outcomes for our customers
- Customer focused – You put the customer first
- Shows initiative – You come up with ways of improving how we do things
- Well organised – You prioritise your work to get things done
- Willing to learn – You want to acquire new skills that will support you in your role
- Flexible attitude – You are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service
Apply for this role
To apply for this role please email Adrian Stern with your CV and your reasons for application. Please indicate which of the three roles you are interested in applying for as the email subject.
Application deadline: Wednesday 31st January