I joined Insight over a year ago now. The company has evolved in many ways since then, as has my role. I came to Insight at a time when my career was undergoing a transition. I was working in film production, but had taken the decision to apply to study a Masters in Scriptwriting. During the interview process I told Insight about my work situation and they were happy to agree a part time role with me. This allowed me to spend three days a week with Insight – earning enough money not to have to take a second job, and the rest of my time could be spent assembling my portfolio for my MA application.
I was accepted on to the Masters course and this freed up time in my schedule. Insight reviewed my situation and offered the chance to go full time for a fixed term, until I started my studies. I gladly accepted the offer as this allowed me save up some money to help fund my Masters qualification.
Once I received my university timetable I sat down with Insight once more. We agreed that I could work one day a week in the office, and supplement this with another day’s work at home. My role was also redefined at this point – I was placed in charge of managing the company’s social media channels as well as assisting with the running of the website. This new position was more in line with my career – demonstrating Insight’s commitment to finding the right role within the company for each member of staff.
Insight’s flexibility and openness has allowed me to study and work at the same time – something that would not have been possible in any of my previous jobs. They have always been open to review my workload as my studies progress and intensify, meaning that I have never felt overwhelmed – something which I am grateful for. I feel this realistic, mature approach has benefited both myself and the company.
Latest posts by Alex Kassab (see all)
- Insight Expands its Procurement Division with the Addition of Our New Transport, Utilities and Local Government Specialist, Taj Singh. - August 16, 2019
- Insight Demonstrate Quality, Reliability and Value for Money with Place on New Non-Clinical Staffing Framework - July 31, 2019
- George Hutcherson Promoted to Senior Consultant After Excellent Year - July 18, 2019
- Insight in the Mountains - October 8, 2018
- Insight Continue to Expand Property and Facilities Management Division with Appointment of George Hutcherson - April 9, 2018