At Insight Executive Group, we recognise that client requirements within the public sector can vary hugely. Engagement routes need to be adaptable to fit priority, risk and timescale, as well as being factored against headcount and contingent labour policies.
Our clients repeatedly stress how important it is to be supported by specialists who:
- Understand the intricacies of their industry sector.
- Have taken the time to get to know their organisation.
- Can understand the context of the project and necessary outcomes.
- Have experience of the application of the relevant frameworks and routes to market.
- Have expertise in efficiently navigating internal processes.
- Can determine how best to support their clients on-going business requirements.
Last month, the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) released the latest Digital Outcomes Specialist (DOS) framework, which IEG have been approved to be a part of. DOS is a specialist framework that helps public sector organisations buy build-and-deliver digital outcomes. The CCS have also included a ‘statement of works’ option in their new Non-Clinical Staffing framework, which we also gained a place on last month. Both frameworks provide an excellent platform for IEG to provide rapidly deployable consultancy support to organisations within the public sector.
Below we have shared an example of the benefits of working with IEG and delivering assignments via CCS’s DOS framework.
Earlier this year, one of our public sector clients identified the need to evaluate their internal processes, relating to Application Development and Managed Services (ADMS). The initial phase of the operation, namely the ‘define’ stage, was allocated a 5-month timeframe with a deadline set for the end of 2019.
Our client, a central government organisation, aimed to review their organisational processes from an IT perspective. The desired outcome for the assignment was clear: recommend a ‘make or buy’ business case for a suite of materials and approvals, ready to take to market within the allotted 5-month timeframe.
The client sought the advice of IEG’s procurement recruitment specialist, Wayne Farmer. Wayne has over 16 years of industry relevant experience and excels at matching clients and candidates, based not only on their requirements, but also their values.
Due to the specific nature of the skills required and the agreed timeframe, Wayne advised the client to utilise IEG’s broader consultancy services, via the G-Cloud framework (G-Cloud has now been superseded by DOS).
By making use of our consultancy services, rather than the typical recruitment approach, our client was able to:
- Engage the assignment quickly and efficiently, without needing to request approval to amend headcount.
- Shortlist consultants with experience of delivering business cases and projects with similar timeframes and deliverables – and that were available to start promptly.
- Hold open, honest and transparent discussions with our team to agree appropriate assignment fees.
- Mitigate risk associated with the operation deliverables; the assignment and the responsibility for its deliverables lay with IEG.
- Wayne was able to quickly shortlist 5 appropriate consultants and successfully mobilised the assignment within 7 days of receiving the brief.
- The consultant selected is now on track to deliver the business case for improving the efficiency of the organisation’s processes by November 2019.
- Wayne is currently in discussions with the client to negotiate extending the contract for the next stage of this operation in 2020.
If you would like to hear more about the benefits of engaging specialist consultants via the DOS framework, please click on the appropriate consultant below to get in touch.
Procurement – Andrew Pyman, 07800 522 268
Estates and Facilities Management – Rob Parker, 07814 226 964
Latest posts by Richard Collins (see all)
- Public Sector Solutions: Why Place Specialist Roles via Consultancy Frameworks? - October 2, 2019
- If You Relocated, Would You Take Your Job with You? - January 30, 2019
- The 8 Pillars Of The Trust-Centric Recruitment Method - December 20, 2017
- How to Use Intrinsic Motivation to Reduce Stress and Get Results - September 22, 2017
- How To Benefit From Insight Executive’s RRN Method - July 14, 2017